Saturday, October 11, 2008

Korto-- Fashion Week collection

Look carefully for a dress that should be here but isn't. (click for pics, same as before)

All the beadwork and jewelry, I think Korto made most of it. I really love this color. And it fits.
















I think this is Amanda, Kayne's model. The volume of the sleeves works really well with the rest of the dress. And the pleating isn't overwhelming. The color is kind of eh. The back plunges almost to her waist.















This is really striking. The pants are high-waisted but it works with the top. The ruffle even works with the pants being a little wide-legged.















Holy crap that's short. I can't even think of anything else to say.

















Korto usually doesn't use prints, but this one is kind of subtle. I love the band at her waist and the keyhole opening.
















I'm not sure if she's holding up her skirt so she doesn't trip. That would be a very bad sign. And I like that Korto has a very diverse group of models, but this color on this particular model doesn't really work. I'm not sure that putty/clay color works on very many people.













I am glad this one seems longer than the last green one. I'm not a big fan of the giant bag, but it's not bad. I think the whole bodice is pleated.















I love this dress, even though it's yellow and I don't wear yellow. The sparkly strap goes over her shoulder and across her back to her right hip. That's all the fabric on the back of the dress.

















Everyone thought this was Korto's wedding dress, except that we know it's not. I'm guessing she got rid of that one when the judges slammed it so much. This one is much better.















I want to like this dress. But she just looks lopsided. And the way the neckline is, it makes the model look like she has huge broad shoulders. Which I am assuming is not the idea.
















Korto got rid of that green dress with the weird crotch opening! Woo! But she also got rid of both her wedding dress and she never put her bridesmaid dress in, so I wonder where the replacement dress came from? I guess we'll probably find out this week. I like this collection, mostly because I love all the colors and the jewelry. Out of the designers who are left Korto is the one I would be most likely to buy clothes from.

No comments: