Saturday, March 1, 2008

Project Runway Fashion Week--Jillian

Jillian's past clothes have always looked like something she would design for herself, but this collection isn't completely like that. You know the drill by now. Click for more.


This dress is pretty plain, in that there aren't a ton of details, but there's a subtle herringbone pattern and it fits perfectly. I don't know what's going on with the balaclava or hood, with a hat, though. And I like how the belt pops.









This would be a Jillian outfit. I don't know what's up with the hat, but I like the scarf and the shape of the skirt. The fringe on the scarf works because the rest of the outfit is so plain. And unexciting.











I...don't know. On the surface it reminds me of the gold dress she made for her art outfit. But then there are the sheer sleeves, and then the bodice has odd piping. It looks like eyes. Her boobs look like they have eyes, OK? The heavy necklace is kind of too heavy, and then...footless tights. With editing it would be cute, I like the length and pleating details.












First off, you guys, that's not a coat, it's a sweater. That whole top is knit, which makes it even better.














Those shoulders are awfully pointy. There's a sheer piece of fabric that makes the points and goes down to her elbows. I like the silhouette of the whole outfit. I feel like I could go buy it, but I still like it.
















Those sleeves are loops of yarn or something. They almost look like dreadlocks. Very striking. This outfit is totally something Jillian would wear.














I love the seaming on the jacket, and how the side panels are satin, but why would you have holes in the sleeves? Does she has some disorder where the inside of her elbows gets hot or something? I do like the red, though.














These clothes are reminding me of Karasaun's aviator collection. All tailored with hats and boots. I'm not sure I like how short the skirt is. Not just because no one would wear a skirt that short in public, but because I think to make the proportions better it could be longer.











Why are there holes? And what is on her head?




















This is basically a high waisted cocktail dress, but the full skirt is cool and the square neckline is one you don't see every day. I wonder if some socialite will watch the show and call her up.













One of the few pops of color in this whole collection. The sleeves look like the ones Rami had on his clothes. I like this one too, even though I don't have a lot to say about it.
















This picture is misleading. For a long time I thought this was a dress, but it's pants. The top is trimmed like a corset, and then the pants are full and pleated. It makes you look twice and it's really interesting.












I like Jillian's collection, but the lack of color and the simplicity of some of the outfits is kind of boring. Everything fits beautifully, but I find myself wanting color. It's pretty good, though.

No comments: