Thursday, February 28, 2008

Project Runway Fashion Week--Sweet P

I have a busy week ahead, and I was not looking forward to discussing 36+ looks for the "Project Runway" finale. But then I remembered that I can just post pictures and I don't have to describe everything in detail anymore! So I'll be talking about all 5 collections. Pictures from Blogging Project Runway. Everything starts after the jump.

(I tried to post side-by-side and centered but apparently I have to futz with the code. So much for "easy" blogging for the "average" person. If I knew how to code, people, I would have my own blog on my own server and I probably wouldn't be over here. Also, it would help if your PREVIEW matched WHAT ACTUALLY SHOWS ON THE BLOG.)


I like the purple fabric, but not the full skirt and pencil skirt combo. You can't see it well, but the model has on shiny tights, and then socks, and then wooden platform heels. I don't know either.













Why are there pockets? And I tried to find another shot to look at the yellow jacket but I couldn't. Surely Bravo would have it on their website. If it didn't suck ass. However I did see that the back of that dress has a contrasting zipper so she has a orange line up her back.











I love this striped fabric and the ruffles.

















I like this look too, even though that model looks like she can't possibly see with that hat on. I think the ruffles pair up well with the slimness of the rest of the outfit. The pants are kind of short though. And I hate the socks.












If you know me then you know how I feel about cloaks. Which is that I don't like them. Especially with the armholes. But the dress underneath, which you can't even see in this picture? A high neck halter-style top with a long skirt, and the whole thing in tiers of ruffles. It's really elegant and awesome.









She looks like she's shoplifting hams in her skirt. At least Sweet P went all out with the 80's styling.
















I'm not sure about the plaid. I'm also not a big fan of high-waisted pants...the top is OK I guess.
















I think this dress could be cute if it didn't look all baggy and misshapen around her middle. Either it's supposed to be like that, or the model bunched it up when she put her hands on her hips. And I don't think the model could have bunched it that much.











This is basically a giant sweater coat with a zipper. Those blue sleeves, I'm not sure they're attached to the dress. I also don't know if I like the idea of a dress that unzips all the way down.













I love this yellow, even though I'd probably never wear it because I would look sickly. That's not a necklace, that's beading sewn into the gown. And the skirt is supposed to look like that. It's cut like jodhpurs, where the hips are cut super wide and then they get narrow at the hemline. When you're skinny I guess it works.









I love this dress. I think it's all one piece, but I love the print and the silhouette. She could put that in a store and sell it right now.















Those pants are jodhpurs and that's all I have to say about this outfit.

















All in all, Sweet P's collection had some great colors, and it was pretty commercial. More commercial than I'm used to seeing from designers. Apparently that's bad or something. I'm glad she still got to show.

No comments: